Saturday, June 5, 2010

In 1957 I began my career in Special Education. That is when ADD, Autism were not even heard of and I saw none in my classrooms-normal or special education. What has happened that there are so many now? Do we dare ask? In 1980 I worked in a school for the autistic and it was still fairly new to society. The student I had was 16, very visual, self stimulating behaviors, but no one knew why he could not or would not follow directions. By God's grace and provision alone I discovered how to assist him to communicate and his behaviors greatly diminished- just in a few months. Read about it in my book along with other ideas that I discovered as a pioneer in the development of Special Education. Check itout on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!Think about this! : If you are a pricipal, or teacher or superintendent, you will benefit from chapter 11- by all means read . Most of this information is not taught in teacher training or higher levels. Do you think the I.Q.does not change or provide information? Think again. <